Welcome to The Smugglers Rest ~ Mortehoe
The Smugglers Rest is a family-run business situated in the pretty stone-built village of Mortehoe surrounded by beautiful countryside and within walking distance of the beaches and coves of the North Devon coast. The owner, Brenda Guinan, runs the pub with her daughter Penny and they have been here in Mortehoe for over ten years.
Opening daily for the lunchtime session, and again in the evening, the inn attracts a clientele of all ages from the local villages as well as seasonal visitors to the area. The bar offers traditional hand pull cask ales, cool lagers and ciders on draught.
We also have a large selection of soft drinks available. Alternatively if you have been out walking we serve fresh coffee or tea. Wi-Fi is available throughout The Smugglers Rest.
We offer an extensive menu with good old pub favourites and ever-changing specials boards and our very popular Sunday lunch. All our meals are prepared on the premises and can be enjoyed in the Bar, Restaurant, Sun terrace and Beer Garden. Children and dogs are welcome; dogs must be kept on a lead. See our Restaurant and Bar Menu here.
- Special Offers This offer is not available during the month of August.
- Double Rooms – 5 Nights Sunday to Thursday (inc) Bed and Breakfast only £250 per double room NOT per person.
- Family Rooms – 5 Nights Sunday to Thursday (inc) Bed and Breakfast only £350 per family room NOT per person.
- Vegetarian and gluten free catered for.
- Special Offer 2 meals for £15 see menu for details.